Monday, July 5, 2010

Project 365. Day One-Eighty-Two: So, if you were wondering...



...why I missed a post (allegedly), here's why:

In a nutshell, I had a Pouchoscopy done on Thursday which went well (no Pouchitis, yaaaay!). Following the procedure, I began having unusual pain (i.e. it's not the kind of pain you're likely to get after a Pouchoscopy). Originally, we thought it was a combo of gas (since they poof you up w/ so much air and/or my Fibromyalgia so, we weren't too worried about things for awhile. Long story short, the pain hasn't gone away (only flucuated) since Thursday. After speaking with my doctor, he highly encouraged me to go to the ER to get a cat scan just to rule out the possibility of any perforations (perforations = very bad). So, after about 5 hours and 3 doses of various pain killers, it was determined that I did not have any damage to my pouch (yaaaaaaaaaaaay!). The down side to all this is, I'm still having pain, and at this time, no one really knows why(boo). I was given a script for a couple pain killers/smooth muscle relaxant, and we made our dopped-up-on-pain-meds trip home around 3 am.

Being that my Dr. didn't find any problems w/ my Pouch, he has scheduled me to get a Small Bowel Follow-Through tomorrow morning to determine if I a) have Chrohn's Disease or b) have any other undiagnosed issues w/ my small intestines. Never dull right?

My Dr. had already planned to give me a Follow-Through once he saw that my Pouch was in good shape. However, now that I've had constant pain all week, he is even more adamant about me having the Follow-Through tomorrow.

So, in a nutshell, thats whats been going on.

Auntie Karen, I'm sorry I haven't returned your last email regarding my Pouch stuff...I haven't been on the computer or my email very much over the last two days. But, I'll fill you in more via email (thanks for thinking of me, I really appreciate it).

In other news, Paprika is officially Paprika thanks to his fancy new I.D. tag that we got him. Yay!

For now, I gotta get ready for bed...follow-though in the morning and first day of spanish class in the afternoon. Whew!

1 comment:

  1. Sending you lots and lots of big, gentle hugs today. All this and the first day of Spanish, too. YIKES! I know that Jason will help you through all this (Jason, thank you).
    PS -- Paprika is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...