Sunday, July 11, 2010

Project 365. Day One-Eighty-Four --> One-Eighty-Eight: Why I haven't posted...



{Pictured: My brother, Adam, gave me the tiger (which I named Tulupio) when I was in the hospital for my Colectomy. Tulupio became very important to me over those 3 months and often became tied to my Morphin pump so that I wouldn't lose track of the Morphin button. Thus, Tulupio tends to go along with me on hospital trips. Jason gave me the giraffe (which I named Short Stack), on this hospital stay-- which again shows how thoughtful my husband is. I love giraffes and getting this little guy reminded me that everything would be okay, and made me smile like a little girl. :) Both Tulupio and Short Stack became a tangible comfort, and cozy reminder of how loved I am this week.}

So here's the deal:

If you remember, I had a Pouchoscopy last week. Immediately following the Pouchoscopy, is when my pain began.

I was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday afternoon due to "abdominal pain." Due to the fact that I have had a complete Colectomy, and have things like Fibromyalgia, and PCOS, they weren't sure where my pain was coming from.

They did a LOT of tests, and made me drink lots of stuff to make my insides glow. They eventually determined that I have a "fistula tract" attached to my Pouch (it's kind of like a weird fold/canal). Most likely, this tract is normally collapsed. However, when they did the Pouchoscomy, they probably poofed that track up with a little air, which really ticked it off.

Sooooooooooooo, they've given me a ton (I think 8 or more) prescriptions for pain, muscle relaxation, and anti-biotics. Did I mention those 8 plus scripts are on top of the 15 plus meds that I already take ? If you hear a strange rattling, it's just me walkin on by.

Through all this, da Hubs has been amazing. He took off work early on Wednesday so that he could take me to the hospital, and then, he never left my side....not once. He slept on a really uncomfortable cot, and wouldn't even eat in front of me since I couldn't eat. He wouldn't even go down to the cafeteria until I left the room for testing. He let me squeeze his hand any time I had pain, and he rubbed my back and told me I was doing a good job when I grimaced through a spike of pain. Everyday, he told me he was going to be strong for me so that I wouldn't have to be, and he encouraged me that no matter what the tests said, we'd get through this together. More and more everyday, he rises far beyond the typical role of a husband. He is so much more to me and I'm so very thankful for him. I just hope that I can somehow show him just how much I love and appreciate him. He's my hero!

1 comment:

  1. Most importantly, I'm so happy that you're out of the hospital, and hopefully, on the mend. Second most importantly, I'm so happy and grateful that you have Jason in your life. He definitely is your hero, and I love the guy for being such a wonderful husband to my sweet niece/Goddaughter.

    I bet your dog and cats were happy to see you come home. Take care of yourself, or I'm going to go to Texas a force-feed you some Lebanese garlic sauce!
    Love you lots,
    Auntie Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...