Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Project 365. Day Sixty-Eight: Miles to go before I sleep...

Okay, not really. But, I did run a mile this morning for my dance class which made me very sleepy. It's basically the same thing. Might I add that I ran that mile in 11 minutes and 34 seconds ? Yeah, I know that's nothing to brag about to any of you, especially those of you that run. But...

a)I'm not what one would consider a runner. Though I like to imagine myself being able to climb a flight of stairs w/o getting winded and/or being able to run.
b)I shaved a good 2 minutes off from my practice run
c)I think I did pretty good and I know I pushed myself. I managed to get myself a lot farther before stopping to walk a few feet.
d)I didn't give up even when it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest wanting to wake up Mr. Asthma OR when my legs felt like noodles.
e)Even though I figured I'd walk some, my whole goal for today was to beat my time from my practice run. Which I did...by 2 minutes.
f)And I ran even though I didn't have to.

So, I'd say 11 minutes 34 seconds is pretty good if you ask me!
But then the run was over and my legs still felt like noodles. And I was/am tired.

Apparently, this is what I look like as fatigue slowly creeps onto me while waiting for lunch...






GOOD night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...