Sunday, March 14, 2010

Project 365. Day Seventy-Two: Hammocking (pretty sure it's a word)...

Ever since she was a puppy, Kiltie and I have shared popsicles together. I'll eat the icy treat down to a nub and then I'll let her eat the remainder off the stick. This has become our ritual with popsicles, and she knows it. I can go a year without eating a popsicle, I can change up the flavor, and the shape, still, she remembers our unspoken agreement. This is a time that I really enjoy with her, especially now...it flashes me back to her younger summers and our first beginnings. It's funny to think how we can bond over a $3.00 box of popsicles.

We topped the beginning of our popsicle summer off with an afternoon in the hammock eating our treats and soaking up the sun. Jason snapped some pictures...



Jason, unknowingly, decided to video tape me swinging in the hammock. Kiltie took it upon herself to use this time to snag the discarded popsicle stick and wrapper :)



I love my dog. I call her a dog because that's what everyone else calls her but, to me, shes far beyond your typical four-legged, "man's best friend." I won't even try to explain this phenomenon because I know I can't adequately formulate the words. Nor, do I believe I have the capacity to create an abundance of new words for the english language as there certainly aren't any living words that could fulfill this bond.
But, if you're curious about this love at all read Dean Koontz's, "A Big Little Life," it's the best description I've ever been able to find, AND it's a great book. I'm nearly done reading it myself.

...Off to find the dog c-o-o-k-i-e-s's (careful, she can spell too)!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Kiltie has you very well trained! We finally had sunshine yesterday, too. Our dogs were so excited to see the grass since most of the snow is now gone (there are miracles). Now, they want it to warm up enough to go swimming in the lake. That's a Lab for you.
    Hugs,
    Auntie Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...