Monday, August 23, 2010

Project 365. Day Two-Thirty-One: Weekend recap on pause, it's a very important birthday...

We'll continue the weekend recap tomorrow. Today, is very special.

It's Kiltie Dawg's BIRTHDAY!!

This picture was taken the day I picked her out on a far away farm in Inola, OK. She was about 3 or 4 weeks old, I was a couple weeks shy of my 13th birthday. We've been inseperable since...



Eleven years later, I look about the same, only a little longer, and she's aged gracefully w/ only a few extra snow white hairs. But, she doesn't mind b/c she's who she is, the greatest dawg in the world.

It's a fine and mighty thing to be one of those few persons that gets to experience this kind of undefinable bond. You can figure out all of life, your doubts about God, or about love, how to treat others and how to simple enjoy life by watching a dog like Kiltie.

Opps. I think I've become that sappy girl even though I promised myself I wouldn't :)

Happy 11th Birthday to the greatest dawg in the world!!



"When we have the deepest of affection for a dog, we do not posses that love but are possessed by it, and sometimes it takes us by surprise, overwhelms us."

"Dogs might love a place, as people do, but the only place they love beyond all others is the place where you are. When we left the house on the hill, in Harbor Ridge, home would become wherever we took her."

--Both quotes are from my favorite book, A Big Little Life, by Dean Koontz.

If you even, kind of like dogs, you should read it.

WOOF!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday from our dogs to your dog! I love both the pictures you posted. You have both "aged" beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...