Thursday, February 25, 2010

Project 365. Day Fifty-Six: The most exspensive plant I ever bought...

Yesterday was Jason's birthday (yaaay!!!). I ordered him a chest freezer as a surprise and had planned to pick it up on his birthday while he was out of town. About 20 mins before he was expected to come home from work on Tuesday, I came up with a brilliant (that's sarcasm) plan as a horrible attempt at throwing him off. He knew how much money I was spending on his present but, he didn't have a clue as to what it was. So, JUST before he got home on Tuesday, I ran to the grocery store and got some balloons and a plant. I came home, ignoring his phone calls and quickly "decorated" the table and blew up 8 balloons (leaving me light headed in the rush). He came home and I greeted him with my best "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!". I then proceeded to give him his birthday shrub, admitting that I'd blown my entire birthday budget on the plant alone. I'm pretty positive that I didn't even come close to convencing him but, I enjoyed it all anyways :) Then, we played a really fun game of balloon volleyball/"don't let it touch the ground" across our kitchen :)
We ended the pre-birthday evening by staying up until midnight to see if the snow would continue through to Jason's birthday (it did!). Since I knew we wouldn't really see eachother or be able to do anything on his actual birthday because Jason would be in Waco, I woke up at 4am(and accidently woke Jason up, sorry!) and put some lame, homemade decorations/card on the front door for him to be greeted by as he left for work that morning. How terrible exciting for him right ?

All that being said, I found out yesterday afternoon that Jason's freezer is apparently on back order and won't be in for two weeks. Boo. So, in all my groggyness late last night, I put the giant yellow bow I was saving for the actual freezer on top of the receipt for said freezer and gave it to him when he got in from Waco at the wee hours of this morning. Whew! Since you've endured that whole birthday saga, how bout some pictures ?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...