Monday, April 5, 2010

Project 365. Day Ninety-Three: The Rupert Series Part A...

A couple years ago, Jason's dad started throwing an annual crawfish boil. That first year, I started my own tradition of releasing one lucky crawfish into the wild, free from our feast. I affectionately named that very first crawfish Rupert, and the name stuck. Now, every year, a Rupert is released. It's no longer called a crawfish boil but rather "Rupert Day" (atleast thats what anyone with any sense calls it ;D ). One year when Jason and I couldn't attend this tasty event, his dad even set one captive free. And last year, the Rupert legacy was passed on to Ricky (our oldest nephew), who found the Ruperts to be such great fun that he freed a good half-a-dozen :).

Over the next few days, you'll get a look into my quest to free the Ruperts ...and have a full tummy :/.

The beginning of the 160 lbs of crawfish that would be devoured...



Rupert 2010...



The release...



"You're good to go, buddy"...



Tom Cruise...



Bottoms up...

1 comment:

  1. Great pics of you and David; I love crawfish boils, something we do not have in MN!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...